Friday, June 18, 2010

Cooper - Bearded Collie Commission

Cooper the Bearded Collie - 10" x 12" acrylic on birch panel

When I received an inquiry recently about painting a portrait of this young Beardie boy, the client invited me to browse her web photo gallery to see if I though any of the pictures would be suitable to work from. The photo I ended up using jumped out at me immediately. It apparently was just a quick candid capture taken by the client's son, but it was a lovely shot that would be a joy to paint. The client's only concerns were a slightly dirty beard and his right eye obscured by a fall of hair, both issues that were easy to fix in the painting. This piece was done on gallery style birch panel, which gives it a depth of about 1 1/2"  The edges were painted black, and it needs no framing. It was completed and mailed last week and I'm happy to say the client was very pleased with the end result, and I'm told the subject approved of the painting as well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment